Monday, May 17, 2010

Balls Up Chapter 2, Playing with New People



Hello friends, welcome to Chapter 2 of the "Balls Up" series, a every man's guide to golf etiquette. This chapter will discuss playing with new people. Something that can be nerve racking, but doesn't have to be. It can actually be a really fun time, especially if you probably won't see that person again :-)

Anytime I hear about a new guy that I'll be playing with, I only have one question: Is he good??. That way I know how to act. If he's good, you can probably bet he at least takes the game somewhat seriously, so maybe don't fart during his back swing, or unstrap his clubs from the cart so they fly off when the cart takes off.

But that doesn't mean you can't have fun. Just keep the beer coming and stay the hell out of his way and you'll probably end up buddies by the time it's over. That's how it works out for me anyway.

And whatever you do, NEVER....... let me repeat NEVER offer up golf advice to ANYONE, but especially someone you don't know that well. I know, you read Golf Digest last night while you were on the pot, but no one cares. No one. Don't be that guy!!!

Just have fun, and try not to hit anyone with your balls. (He he he).

JWC

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
*/