Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Movie Review: Predators



Ok, since I know you all LOVE hearing my opinions on every frekin thing, I thought I would start doing some movie reviews. Don't worry, with a 10 month old, and a MAJOR backyard renovation going on, I'm lucky to catch a movie every couple of months. So you won't have to worry about reading too many of these.

As a huge fan of the original Predator movie, I was very excited to hear about Predators coming out. It seemed that after all the Alien vs Predator crap, they'd finally gotten back to the original bad ass jungle madness. Well........... be careful what you wish for.

If you're going to see the movie, don't read on, as there are some spoilers!!

First off, The main "good guy" role couldn't have been cast worst. Seriously, we go from this guy:


To this guy:


Really?? This guy?? I feel like asking him for advice on what shoes to wear with this tie, not how to kill a planet of crazy aliens. And the WHOLE movie he had the "Dark Knight" low gruff voice that made you wanna jump through the screen and feed him to one of the Predators.

And I know I said I was excited to see them get back to the "Old School Predator" roots, but I didn't realize that meant an EXACT clone of the classic 1987 movie. I'm serious, each character in the movie was basically a poor mans version of one of the original characters in Predator.








Anyway, you get the idea. And it didn't just stop at the characters. The classic "What..... the Fuck are You??" line was in there. Covering yourself in mud to hide the heat signature for the final battle with the Predator??........ Oh yeah that was in there two. And............ strangely enough, the main good guy and only female in the movie are the only two that survived. Can you believe it?? And on and on and on.........................

So in closing, if you wanna see Predators, I suggest you just rent the original. You'll be happy you did......

JWC

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
*/